Chest lock price tiers

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by ezeiger92, Oct 10, 2015.

?

Which pricing scheme would you prefer?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2015.
  1. Tiered prices (numbers in post)

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Current flat prices

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Proposal:
    Based on the number of locks you have, new protections will cost more/less.
    Code:
    locks | price
    ------|------
     1- 2 |     0
     3-10 |   100
    11-20 |   200
    21-30 |   500
    31-40 |  1000
    41-50 |  1500
    51+   |  2000

Click here for a graphical comparison.

Reasoning:
    Because raiding is allowed, locking chests to protect items is a requirement. Existing players have no issue with this, as they've accumulated enough money to deal with the cost. Unfortunately, new players often have great difficulty locking chests, and are targeted much more frequently by raiders.

By using this system, new players will have a much easier time protecting their items, which will create a more welcoming environment. Additionally, the increased price at higher protection counts can encourage players to make and advertise shops, rather than locking all items away.

Implementation:

Prices based on protection count is a native feature in LWC, our current protection plugin. All that's needed is a config change and server restart.

k9katz likes this.
  2. ezeiger92

5 votes is all you got?
    If it really doesn't matter to most of you, we'll probably just put it on the server :p

3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah I think the tiered pricing makes sense. Makes it fairer for people starting out and harder to hoard.

4. ezeiger92

Goddammit Erik, stop being a dirty liar! Whatever, multiple tiers weren't actually supported in LWC.

Fortunately, since I already compiled a custom version to make discounts actually work, I'll just add this feature. Mostly done as of posting this ^^.

-edit-
    Completely done now, and these tiers are on the server! Woo!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015