Balancing Out The Economy

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Moeps2, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero_X4

Zero_X4 Member

Immediately, or say....2 days afterwards...?

2. Nic5284609

Nic5284609 New Member

No . D:

3. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

Whats wrong with the economics? Why is it zo important that a diamonds costs 200 rupies?

A diamond is ~30% faster when working as a tool compared to iron.
    It lasts about 6-7 times longer.

Today it costs 20-30 times more then iron. Thats absurd.and that why i lowered the price so much on diamonds in my shops. And still people are selling diamonds to me..... probably meaning i was right, they are overpriced.

No just leave it alone, an unregulated market works better then some kind of commushit where government tries to decide prices.

I have plenty of iron for sale at 7 r.... At tops a diamond is worth 10x more. thats 70 rupies. And who will be happier if they cost 200? PPL will be afraid to use them and instead put them in stock....

If you have a problem with it, riase the price on gold to 1000/ingot, then diamonds will follow but i dont know who will be happier for that.

Another idea is that the government pays lets say 200/diamond. That will also solve your problem.

4. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

I actually agree with some of this. I say just leave it to see how it balances itself out. If diamonds are extremely expensive, no one will want to use them.

5. pyro5050

pyro5050 Active Member VIP

which is why i have been selling discounted weapons and tools at my shops... :)

6. ThisDudeRiteHere

ThisDudeRiteHere Member VIP

You're a discounted tool.
    [​IMG]

7. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

Heres my suggestion i hope you take this seriously and implement it. I also hope that everyone reading this replies saying if they think its a good idea or bad. I think most ppl will think its the best way to go and if enough of us "vote" for it the admins should implement it.

Minecraft is about mining, resources etc. The problem is that after a while there will be to much resources floating around. But ppl still want to mine and earn money, thats like half the game. A mining map that regenerates like every two months makes the game boring.

The problem is that you find more resources then you spend. An iron-pickaxe easily lasts until you find more iron to make a new one. That means resources are piling up.

So what you need to do is REMOVE RESOURCES from the market. The best way to do is to increase the resources the KIOSK buys. I think the kiosk also should buy IRON, LAPIS, COAL, DIAMONDS, REDSTONE etc. The kiosk will then set a minimum price on the market. People will still trade and use shops hoping to get more then they get at the kiosk. But if the market is overflooded with resources ppl will sell them there.

Now this wll of course lead to people getting more money? But is that a problem?

8. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

Great, let the "Server, aka Goverment" dictate the base prices for everything.

Something that you do not take into consideration: Time is money. The time that you guys take to mine these things has value and its hard to put a value on your, or someone elses time.

I dont have a good suggestion, however I do know that its a good idea that they set the base for gold and gold only. Let the players decide the base values for everything else. If you want to give your hard labor away for less - thats on you.

Start a players union and elect some to set the prices. If some dotn want to join the union, we boycott their material and make sure that union members only buy from other union members. Any player that sells it for less than the unions prices could be bought out for less and then his product then put back on the market at union prices. OH ITS GETTIN COMPLICATED :-X ;)

9. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

I think your missing one of the main arguments and that is that the server will remove a lot of the resources so we dont get flooded with diamonds, iron etc. I have maybe 1500 iron ingots... thats quait a lot. Over time there will just be more and more iron. I think it will be better gameplay if resources are not so plenty. But its not a good way to reduce them in mining because then it might be boring if you have to dig a lot more.

I dont understand the relevance of your talk about time being money. You will still be free to sell or stack them, thats up to you. Besides by setting a minimum price you will probably get more for them? Atleast they wont be worthless some day.

Also more money will enter the system and in combination with resources being removed will probably lead to prices going up? And thats more fun then prices slowly falling i think...

"If you want to give your hard labor away for less - thats on you"

What do you mean? I will probably be paid more? and i still have the choice to sell or not? And hopefully prices wont be so fluctuating? Right now we are slowly going to see iron, diamonds etc getting worthless i think.

10. Kekens

Kekens New Member

I like the idea of adding more kiosks. Like a *Cobblestone4rupies* idea. A stack for 10 rupies? It would be nice and easy for the new people that come in. But I still think we should give what we have now a chance and change stuff slowly.

11. bockbeard

bockbeard New Member VIP

yeah perhaps start with iron and diamonds. there will always be extreme amounts of cobble. I throw away 99% of the cobble i mine. So no i dont think the kiosks should buy cobbble, dirt, sand etc. It will probably be enough with gold, iron, diamonds and perhaps lapis and redstone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.