Permitting Gamemode 3

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by waterpower1, Jul 19, 2016.

1. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Creative's spectator mode's increase-able speed and no clip function are the primary reasons for my suggestion of it being added. The compass does, to some extent, work as a substitute; it does however require a view of the path ahead, not so useful if travelling through bumpy terrain. Spectator mode also beats the compass's travel through function in that you aren't losing your sense of direction and potentially appearing in an unwanted place.

2. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

It also allows teleportation to any player without a request, so that would need to be tweaked.
    We would also need to block spectators from floating too far out of the map to avoid corruption.

3. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

More work than I was expecting, sorry about that.
    This website claims there's an easy fix to the teleportation issue using java, still looking for a plugin that does the same thing

About the corruption, could only find this post from 2014, doesn't exactly fit with your concern however.

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

It's not that bad, probably a half hour of implementation and testing. I just felt the need to put the technical problems out there. If Navarog doesn't have a problem with this (and I don't think he will), we can get it on the server.

Also, thank you for taking the time to look for a fix to those problems. That doesn't happen enough on here, and I'm very grateful :)

5. Navarog

Navarog Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's fine. Just if it's changed then both spawn regions may need to have all of the game mode change commands blocked, I don't recall if they specifically block gm 1 commands or the entire gm command.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk