The "X" Update Thread (Where "X" is never "Weekly")

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by ezeiger92, Jun 8, 2017.

1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Hey, I made it under a month this time. Progress!

Summary:
    • General - 1.12?
    • Survival - New Staff
    • Survival - "Did you mean?"
    • Survival - Lockpicks!

General - 1.12?
    So plugins are a pain to update, and after nearly 20 hours of hacking at old stuff, we've decided to go the ViaVersion route. Players with 1.12 will be able to connect just fine, but the server will continue to run 1.11.2 for a bit. We'll let you know before that changes

Survival - New Staff
    Hazbo_56 has been promoted to moderator, (belated congrats!) and he has been a big help so far, including being the driving force behind lockpicks! <3 hazbo

Survival - "Did you mean?"
    The looks are still a bit rough, but we have command suggestions on the server whenever an incorrect command is typed! Try "/jelp", "/waro", or other non commands for yourself!

Survival - Lockpicks!
    Lockpicks let players unlock old chests on the server. A chest is "old" when the owner has not been online for X months.
    Current editions for sale at /warp Bank:
    • Sapphire - Unlocks chests 12 months and older
    • Emerald - Unlocks chests 8 months and older, 25% faster, 20% more durable than Sapphire!
    • Ruby - Unlocks chests 4 months and older, 50% faster, 60% more durable than Sapphire!
    See the Buyers Guide at /warp Bank for more details

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Mietm

Mietm Member VIP

Thank you for all your work on this, Erik! If I lived on the right continent I'd totally buy you a beer.
    ... or a pop.
    ... or a burger.
    ... or something...

3. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Lockpicks, interesting concept. I like it.

ezeiger92 likes this.
  4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Credit to Hazbo_56 for that one. I had toyed with a similar concept before, but he made one that could actually work :)

StephenP67 likes this.