Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was over rated

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by sharqman, Dec 24, 2022.

?

Better video game adaptation?

1. Arcane

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners was over rated, just like the game. Arcane is better in every aspect especially in terms of video game adaptation.

Nifix and millz14 like this.
  2. millz14

millz14 Active Member VIP

How can one man be so wrong

Nifix likes this.
  3. Nifix

Nifix Well-Known Member VIP

Loved Arcane, but Cyberpunk Edgerunners was better.

It single handily revived the videogame, and makes perfect use of the tragedy genre to make you want to continue the journey in game. That's on top of it simply being a fantastic story making full use of the world and lore already established by the game.

Thats why I will die on the hill of Edgerunners being a better adaptation. When I was done watching edgerunners, I was able to continue the show's story in the game and experience the world just like in the anime. I could even use the same items and fighting strats the characters did, as they were all designed around stuff actually in the game. Arcane was a fantastic show but the only thing it adapted from LoL is lore I cant even experience in game. Its a top down moba with a few characters being those I recognized with vaguely similar move sets. Nothing like Arcane. One show adapted a game in its entirety and perfectly portrayed it, the other adapted a games lore and perfectly portrayed it.

So which was the better game adaptation? The one that actually adapted the game in its entirety.

millz14 likes this.
  4. millz14

True

Nifix likes this.
  5. sharqman

Look at this graph, can you guess what it is?
    [​IMG]
    This is the number of league of legends players globally. That drop? That is when arcane was released. Nearly half the player base (est 500 million people) stopped playing to watch this amazing series.
    What happened next?
    [​IMG]
    Boom for the first time ever league of legends players count went over 1 billion players. Meanwhile cyberpunk?
    [​IMG]
    Absolute disaster. Nobody wanted to play cyberpunk ever again after seeing that they made an anime (cringe) and didn't even put Keanu in it.

That is one of the many reasons why Arcane is the best video game adaptation. Then what did they do? They added powder from arcane to league of legends. Amazing.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    Nifix and millz14 like this.
  6. millz14

No.

7. sharqman

Them be fightin words