Allowed Mods

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ThisDudeRiteHere, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

Is this list old? I'm interested in the show durability mods, sildur's shaders, improved HUDS, etc. all client side visual mods. I understand a few of these would require forge mod loader as well.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

showing durability, and shaders is fine. HUDs is fine as long as it doesn't show where ores/chests/players/mobs are

3. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Showing durability is in vanilla minecraft... f3+h

thechooosen1 likes this.
  4. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Thank you so much for posting this! For the longest time I have had mods in the "gray zone" :D

aAnd another thing... Is the better sprint mod allowed? I always have it installed for the hunger games, but could it spell trouble for people on this server? I have asked around and people keep saying it is generally allowed.... so confusing :confused:
    If it is banned I will gladly ignore the mod :)

5. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

Oh wow, thanks! Didn't know that.

And the HUD I was looking at was the tukmc(?). I'm diggin' the FPS, clock, ping, and other indicators this HUD has to offer.

6. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I looked up the HUD. It doesn't appear to give any advantages, so there should be no problems with you using it.

7. sharqman

what does it do?

8. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Basically the policy with mods is, they're fine so long as they don't give you an advantage over other players/break any server rules.

So altering the look of the game = fine

altering gameplay mechanics = not fine

9. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

-.- you can set a sprint key to any button

E.g I set mine to shift so when I hold shift I sprint. It does make running away from people easier though...

10. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

Hey ladies and gents,

So after reading through this I've decided to compile a list of current mods for 1.6.x that I believe do not offer a distinct advantage over another player. There are a couple of these mods that are questionable, but I will leave that up to the moderator/staff to decide if they are following the rules. This was done because I'm on night shift at work and am pretty bored :p.

The full list of current compatible mods can be found at: http://modlist.mcf.li/list/1.6/1.6.2.php

"Optiforge": This is Optifine + Forge Mod Loader. The compatibility between the two isn't quite right yet but you can get these working.

"ArmorStatusHUD", "StatusEffectHUD": You need bspkrsCore mod to get these two to work. The armor mod shows your current armor durability without opening up your inventory. The status effect HUD shows any current effects your character has and time remaining without opening your inventory.

"Matmos": This mod looks at your environment and plays sounds that relate to the environment. (Birds, etc)

"tukmc": This is another take at your HUD. I like this because it displays your current time, FPS, direction, and time of day. Note: For those of you who were there when I first experienced the server you know I'm colorblind (darn brown wool >.>). This mod has a colorblind feature that will force quit your game if playing on the server. You will have start a single player game and disable the colorblind feature to login to the shadecrest server.

"Chat Bubbles": Chat bubbles above the characters.

The below list compiles the questionable mods.

"Better Sprinting": Assign a key to enable/disable sprinting. Possible advantage in PvP.

"CraftGuide": Quick reference for recipes in game.

Hopefully my formatting was correct.

Thanks

Edit: Removed "Voxelmap" due to cave finder and player finder. This is obviously against server policy to run this.

Edit#2: Removed "Dynamic Lighting" due to it being a brightness mod.

thechooosen1 and Legend9468 like this.
  11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

CraftGuide would (Should?) be allowed. Most players know the crafting recipes by heart, this just allows newer players to ge tup to speed quicker.

thechooosen1 likes this.
  12. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

That's what I was thinking. I'm not too fluent with the draw your item system yet. Xbox has spoiled me.

13. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Xbox is definitely easier when it comes to crafting, you just get what you need in your inventory and off you go! :D at least it helps for learning the recipes in the first place...

14. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with this one. Voxelmap has a cave finder as well as the ability to display players and other entities.

sharqman likes this.
  15. oiShocKWavesv

I completely agree, the player display and cave finder gives you a massive advantage over others, I'd say no to the Voxelmap aswell.

16. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

Yes, hindsight is 20/20. By the looks of it I thought it to be just a mini map setup. I do not run that one but just pulled it from the list. Will edit list.

17. oiShocKWavesv

Ok, it's hard to know the features of a mod without having used it. If you want a minimap then Reis minimap is probably your safest bet.

18. sharqman

Also dynmaic lights is not allowed, it's basically a brightness mod.

19. Dezmo489

Dezmo489 Member

Edited post to remove Dynamic Lighting.

20. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

what about shaders?