The edge of absolute meltdown- I mean the world

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Apr 23, 2014.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I am sure it has happened to everyone, but today, it really raised my dander: being tp'd to the surface to your death. I was mining, I lost 6 emerald ore, 18 diamond ore, 36 redstone ore, 106 iron ore, 31 gold ore, 14 lapis ore, and 14 coal ore. Along with a Fortune III, Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV diamond pickaxe, a Silk Touch I, Unbreaking III, Efficiency IV diamond pickaxe, a full set of iron armor, 9 stacks of stone, and 23 levels of experience. "You have reached the edge of the world" I pop up surrounded my 3 skeletons, a zombie, and a creeper. Could we have a warning or an invisible wall or something? The first one's not too hard. When you get a certain distance from the edge, "The edge of the world is 30 meters due south" or something similar. Please, this is annoying as hell.

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

This has happened to many a person before, once when it happened to me I spawned at the bottom of an ocean and drowned :/

3. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

happened to me where i was wondering at the surface and it tped me into a group of mobs only lost food though :)

4. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

hmm maybe something can be done, can't remember if this is true but I think there might be a way that it teleports you to the opposite side of the map. But yeh maybe a message or wall or something. sharqman ndvenckus1

5. TheTechGeek245

I would really appreciate the tp esp when im mining and dont wanna stop

6. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Usually if I wonder I get bounced back but when mining I usually get tped some place else and I'm like whoa a new place to explore but a warning or something like that would be nice

follow the buzzards

7. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

This won't help anything now, but the new shapshot has it's own border system. It's visible and acts like a solid block. It will probably fix any future issues with borders.

epic_poke8 and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  8. Hez

Hez Member

That wall thing would be nice even doagh dis ting haznt appened to me before.:D

9. 86maxsmart

86maxsmart New Member

Edge of World teleport has happened to me more times than I can count. One time I was teleported up to the very edge of an extreme hills cliff, inadvertently took one step and fell 30 blocks to my death. Another time I was teleported to the floor of a "deep ocean" biome, "What the heck!" It was pretty frustrating at the time, but as I look back now, it's pretty dang funny.

Have fun everyone! :D

Max

10. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Sent from my damned apple device

11. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I changed the border to wrap although I dont really think it would change anything. Helpfully worldborder implements barriers when we get them.

12. TheTechGeek245

if only the world was square then we could use world edit and put a bedrock wall underground and glass above

13. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

You can use WE to make circles and spheres as well, but a bedrock wall looks ugly as hell. The worldborder coming out in 1.8 is invisible, with more land on the other side (inaccessible, of course) and looks pretty good.

ezeiger92 likes this.
  14. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

however, the mc borders are square only. I'm pretty sure that we have a round border