This week in ShadeCrest - 2014/05/09

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, May 9, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • Survival - 5/3 Arcadian War results
    • Survival - Spawn Status
    • Survival - Auctions
    • Survival - Shade Tokens
    • Survival - Miscellaneous
    • Creative - Status of bobbylou4 and Z_Milla
    • General - Forum Overhaul

Survival - 5/3 Arcadian War results
    Aaron, his clan, and the others crushed the defenders and claimed the loot after a nice, long fight. Look forward to another war soon!

Survival - Spawn Status
    New spawn is pretty much done. Most things should be working. Old spawn is ready to soon be ceremoniously blown up with massive amounts of TnT. If you want, please make sure to take photos of it and say your goodbyes. Soon /warp spawn will take you to the new spawn and until taken down /warp spawn_old. We will likely keep the old one around till absolutely everything has transitioned.

Survival - Auctions
    Players can now open their purchased chests themselves after auctions are over and will receive useful messages. Besides that and some aesthetic improvements, ndvenckus1 has added some commands to make running auctions smoother and more streamlined for the admins.

Survival - Shade Tokens
    Extensive work is being done on them, and it is almost complete. Soon, players will be able to purchase tokens and redeem them for prizes anytime they want. A free token will still be distributed on Sunday after auctions. A permanent token booth will be built into the spawn before this Sunday's events.

Survival - Miscellaneous
    ndvenckus1 has been busy adding scripts for a number of things to make everything run more smoothly around here.

Creative - Status of bobbylou4 and Z_Millla
    For those who are not aware of the exact details and maybe running around the rumor mill I wanted to clarify a few things, bobbylou4 has stepped down as a moderator of Survival because he wants to focus more on his admin duties on Creative. This means he is still indeed staff and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Furthermore, Z_Millla is not fully retired from ShadeCrest, just needed some time off. I previously misrepresented his exact status when Pieman_Is_God took over as lead admin of Creative.

General - Forum Overhaul
    Added new subforums for towns, mayors please contact me if you want others besides the mayor to be moderators of your sub forums. Old towns which no longer exist (ex. spellbound) were hidden from view and can be resurrected if the town becomes active again. Depending on how people feel about that, I might consider setting up a town archive section where no one can post in but for old times sake have old town forums there visible. Did a complete overhaul of the permissions on the forums, cleaned up a lot of stuff making it easier for me to move things, setup new forums, change things, etc. Fixed a lot of the settings on staff so they properly appear in the staff list: http://www.shadecrest.com/site/members/?type=staff.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Kind of a quiet week then. Nice to know that players can now receive their acquired items after auctions now.

3. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Quiet week for sure,just let us know when we can buy plots at spawn and admin shop is up and running

follow the buzzards