Slebert Whitelist Appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Slebert, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Well, sorry if this is not a good place to post this, but there does not seem to be any other place to post it.

About a week ago i applied on the Minecraft forums for the vanilla server, i was denied and this was the statement that was given as to why "Your application is one of the shortest we've seen, and you've caused too much trouble in the past to keep track of. You probably won't be accepted anytime soon. "

Ah, i see, i have caused too much trouble...
    I am guessing you are referring to the single ban i have for breaking rules on another server?
    Maybe the few times i got banned for swearing over a year ago?
    That cant be right though, as those are pretty easy to keep track of.

My application was too short? That didnt seem to matter for others who were old members of the server, such as epic_poke8 and Mae140, to them you simply said "Very short, but you are an old player. Added."

So, what is the real reason i am not being accepted here? is it because i like to discuss issues i see, and try to see if there is a possible solution to them? Is there another reason that i am unaware of?

Please tell me why i am not accepted to the Vanilla server, Thank you.

oiShocKWavesv, Rem and Archenemy666 like this.
  2. Slebert

3. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Slebert

Just for the record, the first statement was made by I believe ndv, whereas the second statements where made by myself. It in no wait invalidates what you say, just thought I'd clarify it was two different people.

The likely reason you weren't accepted was because you do in fact have a history of causing issues. With the incident on another server you mention, you were one of the only players to show zero remorse. You were also the only player to complain about lag on the vanilla server without ever actually playing on the server. The other players you referenced don't have nearly as bad of records, and to my knowledge are more active than yourself.

Right now, instead of reapplying on the minecraft forums (like most people who get denied) or private messaging one of the vanilla admins, you are making this a public issue. Besides seeing your first application and the corresponding response, this is the first I'm hearing of you wanting to get back on the server.

Hopefully that clears things up.

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  4. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Hmmmm me thinks we need an application appeals section or something? I can set that up if needed. Might I remind folks to use http://mc.shadecrest.com/banmanagement/. If we consider a single ban to be something that removes someone's ability to join vanilla, that would remove like 90% of our playerbase.

5. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

I did not apologize either, and honestly I did way more damage on that server.
    There was talk about block lag, he suggested solutions. Some of them were not very well thought out (pop on a plugin), but he was trying.
    He was banned for the same reason as myself and rem, and his 'bad record' mainly consists of swearing. That doesn't seem to be an issue on vanilla right now.
    And no, he isn't very active on survival or creative, but we are accepting players that have never even heard of ShadeCrest. I did not think that would be a limit on access :/.

-edit: now with 100% less snark. Sorry about that-

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Slebert likes this.
  6. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Hi ezeiger92 .

I honestly don't remember the lag discussion in depth, I just remember numerous replies from him that seemed to be far more geared towards complaining that fixing issues. Again, he had not even played on the server to experience the lag for himself, so it seemed out of place.

I wasn't referring to the bans, but his "no ragrets" thread afterwards.

I whitelisted people I know from the servers and turned away people I didn't know. I've had more than just slebert come to me and say they are from the server and I didn't realize this, which leads me into the final point...

Things are simpler when done private. If slebert just pmed me saying "hey, I was denied, not sure why, but I really want to play now... etc", he would probably be on the server right now. Instead we get to do this. What do you mean "what"?

7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Like Z said, I'm the one who made the first comment.

In every encounter I've had with you, whether it's in a ban appeal where you're cussing out admins in all caps or in teamspeak where you end a discussion with "fuck you, I'm right," before leaving the server, you've shown yourself to be a very angry and stubborn person, and that's the opposite of what we're looking for on vanilla. That on top of the fact that you put zero effort into your application is more than enough reason to deny you. I couldn't see you doing anything but causing trouble on the server. Posting a public thread on the forums to complain about being denied instead of making a new application that improves upon the couple of sentences you managed in your first one probably isn't the best course of action either.

A discussion like this really doesn't belong in a public forum thread. I hope this clears up why you were denied; I had thought it was obvious.

8. CyberVic

Just to be clear, the situation that happened long ago on SpaceEngineers has been long resolved (and apologized for) and to be fair Cerb goated him into using those words (which were originally used by Cerb and then thrown back at him, please make sure to include context when you quote someone).

Going forward I would suggest the following:
    1. We should setup an appeals section on the boards for Vanilla, this would be for ban appeals as well as whitelist appeals
    2. We should make sure to be consistent with accepting people for white listing. Based on just a level comparison of people who have been accepted for white list vs. Slebert, I think he is at least on the same level of Rem (who has been white listed) and less bad than Ginger (who you've stated that you would at least consider him once he gets unbanned).
    3. An appeal on these boards is a lot better than a drama thread on the public Minecraft forums.

I will leave the final decision still to those who are managing the Vanilla server actively, but based on the facts it seems like we're being a bit unfair to Slebert, just my opinion.

Magetime, Nifix and DeeeezNutz like this.
  9. CyberVic

The new requests and reports section has been setup and moved this thread to the appeals section / unlocked it.

Let's not get hung up on the process of how Slebert went about asking to appeal his whitelist application because there was honestly no process previously. Rather, let's focus on his arguments of why he should be accepted. Someone please answer why Rem was approved by not Slebert since they are both equally guilty for the same past ban and there is no addition reason to not accept Slebert besides that.

10. Slebert

If all i wanted to do on the server was cause trouble, i would go somewhere else. why would i go through all this trouble if i don't want to actually play on the server?

I have paid for all of my crimes against ShadeCrest, and don't know why i am being unfairly withheld from a ShadeCrest server for them.

I've been playing on this server for over 3 years, and am a part of the community, sure i have my moments of being a dummy, but so do a lot of people on this server. My few infractions should not affect me being able to play on a
    ShadeCrest server.

I swear sometimes, mostly in team-speak, where to be honest, i don't think anyone cares about it. I don't swear on the server anymore, not for probably a year now. Over the time i have been on this server i hAve gone from a 15 year old to an 18 year old, which is a huge change in growing up in anyone's life, and i am almost a completely different person as i was back then. Yes, my recent infraction was not long ago, but many people where involved in that, many of which have been accepted on to the vanilla server despite their involvement.

You guys said i would likley not be accepted anytime soon, yet you said to GingerSwan that he would be concidered after he was unbanned from survival, this is someone who has been banned multip

All in all, i see no reason from me to not be white listed on the vanilla server.

11. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

I don't like to upset people or pick sides, but i have had some negative moments with you on teamspeak, slebert. sorry, just putting it out there :/

12. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Just saying I think ndv said something about once you're banned you're banned, zero tolerance, so yeh. But I also think there is no need for a public thread even on our forums for an 'appeal appeal' the person should just pm imo?

13. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

The zero tolerance rule only applies to your actions after you are accepted to the server. Otherwise, a lot of our veteran players wouldn't be allowed on :p

14. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

i meant that noooooob. Saying that we will be ignoring any attempts for vanilla ban appeals.

Random0ne likes this.
  15. ndvenckus1

An appeal board doesn't make any sense for vanilla. We don't accept ban appeals, and if your application is denied, all you have to do is make another one.

As for my reasoning, it certainly wasn't meant to be ambiguous. To start off, I'd like to say that I didn't accept Ginger. What I said is this:
    All I meant was that he definitely wouldn't be allowed on vanilla for the duration of his survival ban. Once his ban had expired, he wouldn't be accepted; he would be given the opportunity to prove himself trustworthy and be considered for acceptance. Ginger's actions and Slebert's are very different. Ginger, a 13 year old (?), acted childishly. His actions were uncalled for, yes, and were the very thing that kept him from being accepted, but he is a kid nonetheless.

Rem may stir up trouble sometimes, but I certainly didn't see him being a problem on vanilla. He follows the rules on survival and runs the largest town. Not only that; I've talked with him dozens of times in TeamSpeak, and he's never acted in a way which I feel would make him a threat to the health of the vanilla server.

To clarify, Slebert wasn't denied for his actions on Cano's server like some of you have suggested. That's not even relevant at this point. If he was denied for that, as pointed out, Rem and the others would have been denied as well.

When I look through applications, if I don't know the individual, I try to get a feel for their overall personality and ask myself if I could see them causing trouble on the server. When I do know the individual, it's no different; I consider their personality as a whole. The main things that came to mind when I looked at Slebert's application, besides the brevity of it, were A) this reply to me from North's ban appeal:
    B) hiscomplaining about lag without actually playing on the server, and without proposing any viable solutions, and C) the Space Engineers incident in TeamSpeak, where based on the time I was in there, he and Cerb disagreed about something, so Slebert when silent for ~10 minutes while he destroyed one of their ships, and then left TeamSpeak shortly after saying, like I mentioned before, "fuck you, I'm right," to Cerb. I was just imagining him getting into an argument with a vanilla player and destroying their base. Apparently Slebert apologized, and apparently the initial blowup was in response to Cerb saying the same thing to him (though crashing a ship probably wasn't the best course of action). So for that I apologize; I guess I wasn't aware of the full scope of the situation, and I never heard a followup. I guess you could say it's his short temper that kept me from wanting to accept him.

So here's my reasoning, since I guess it was unclear. I really hate discussing things like this in public threads. It creates a heap of unnecessary drama, when this whole conversation could be taking place in an actual forum "conversation." Next time something like this comes up, please bring it up with the people who it actually involves.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  16. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

So why did I get accepted?...
    Since you guys like to constantly bring up this whole X-Ray thing.
    I have:
    X-Rayed- Originally perma ban
    Abused MA- Originally perma ban
    Sworn more times than I can count- Many warnings and probably mutes
    Lost my temper countless times in teamspeak- Laughed at generally(how it should be)
    Cause many issues, like the potion bombing situation, the spy situation and everything to do with Ginger recently- Mutes probably a few temp bans

And that's just what I can remember...
    It's just seems to be because when you are in teamspeak it's generally when there has been a huge issue, and that is also the time where Slebert has the balls to say everything everyone is thinking but is too scared to say.

Sorry if my response here is seen as unnecessary, but just wanted to get my view across.

Slebert likes this.
  17. CyberVic

Just because people disagree with your immediate decision doesn't mean it's drama. There's nothing dramatic about this conversation, just a disagreement of ideas. You make good points Ndv.

Shall I retort?
    1) A single cherry picked reply on the boards in a ban appeal thread which was A. overly dramatic already and B. due to the arguments (while dramatic) their bans did get shortened. People don't exactly think clearly when they've been banned. Using a quote from Slebert about a ban appeal for an issue that in your words is "That's not even relevant at this point" seems kind of silly.
    2) His complaining about the lag, you have to admit that he wasn't just complaining for complaining sake and it is indeed something we are aware of, pointing out something we're aware of isn't exactly a reason to not accept him
    3) The space engineers situation you clearly don't have all the facts for. Even in your telling of the story it's still wrong even though I told the important bits of story above. Like I said, Cerb was the one being the dick at the time and told Slebert "We're not going to agree on this so I'm right, you're wrong, and that's that". Yes it pissed Slebert off and said "Fuck you, you're wrong, I'm right" as he destroyed a ship he himself acquired (one of the derelict space freighters we were actively stealing on a regular basis at the time). What happened was in the act of destroying HIS ship he also destroyed some other stuff which at the time he didn't realize how much damage he did. Basically he broke apart MY containers ruining about a week's worth of effort harvesting ships for parts. I more than anyone was frothing at the mouth about it at the time. Upon speaking with Slebert at what happened. Later upon realizing what he had done, Slebert had in fact sincerely apologized for that action which is why he's been a very good active member of the SE community ever sense.

Also there is a consistent pattern with our staff people judging other's personalities based on a couple cherry picked forum posts thinking they are judging the person's "personality as a whole". I would suggest that anyone who frequents teamspeak has a pretty solid handle on Sleberts personality and would be happy to vouch for him. I could cherry pick replies on these boards to exclude anyone from anything.

Just because you think you know Slebert doesn't mean you do. I, nor should anyone, judge your original judgement of the man based on the facts you had available. This is the purpose of appeals boards. When you make a judgement and possibly don't have all the facts, the person should be allowed to defend himself, should be allowed to present facts on their behalf, and should be allowed to have character witnesses defend him in the case where like this the individual is being not accepted due to a judgement of his character.

Might I suggest that if several members of the active vanilla community can vouch for someone that you at least take their character testimonies as supporting evidence for the individual?

EDIT: I do agree that Slebert does in fact have a temper. I also think he's learned a lot of prior experiences and if given the opportunity on Vanilla he will behave properly. I think that your no tolerance policy for vanilla generally keeps people in line because they think twice about if they do something wrong they will be removed forever.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Nifix, oiShocKWavesv and Slebert like this.
  18. Slebert

I dont really have anything else to say, so I guess the time for you to make your choice is now.

Sent from Sleberts phone

19. ndvenckus1

We've been saying all along that all you need to do is make a new application if you want to be reconsidered. I was just providing reasoning as to why I denied your first application, since apparently I was being unfair.

Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  20. Slebert

That seems unneeded... And quite pointless...

Sent from Sleberts phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.